Advance care planning
Advance care planning is the process of thinking about, communicating and documenting your future health care wishes in case of illness, accident or sudden medical event.
WellFirst Health wants to ensure that your health care wishes are known and respected. Social workers are available to help any member over age 18 begin or continue the process of advance care planning.
Your advance care planning social worker can help you:
- Explore your personal values, beliefs and meaning of quality of life
- Weigh options for the kind of care and treatment you want or do not want
- Consider who you should appoint to speak on your behalf
- Start the conversation with family, friends, clergy, health care and other providers
- Complete advance directive documents (Power of Attorney for Health Care and Living Will) to clearly state your values and wishes
- Review your current advance directive to ensure it continues to reflect your wishes
Enrollment is voluntary. Sign up and one of our team members will contact you.